NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
BYLAW NO. 2016 - 14
TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to Section 191 of the Municipal Government Act, C. M26 as amended, the Municipal District of Opportunity No. 17 intends to hold a Public Hearing in consideration of a proposal to amend the Land Use Bylaw.
Bylaw 2016 – 14, being a Bylaw of the Municipal District of Opportunity No.17 in the Province of Alberta, proposes to amend the Land Use Bylaw section 8.54 as follows:
1. “No sea can shall be permitted on a lot within a residential district smaller than 0.5 ac. in area within the hamlets of Wabasca, Red Earth Creek, and Sandy Lake.
2. Notwithstanding subsection (1), at the discretion of the development authority, sea cans may be permitted on lots under 0.5 ac. (0.2 ha) in area within any residential district located in the Hamlet of Calling Lake.
3. “Notwithstanding section 8.54(1), a temporary permit for the placement and use of a sea can on a residential lot smaller than 0.5 ac. in area located within the Hamlet of: Wabasca, Red Earth Creek, Calling Lake, or Sandy Lake may be permitted at the discretion of the development authority for a period of six (6) months. After the temporary permit has expired the developer may apply to the MD for an extension to the permit. A single extension may be issued at the discretion of the Development Authority for an additional six (6) month period.
4. A sea can may be an accessory building on a lot where a principal use is located
5. A sea can may not be located on a lot where there is not a principal use.
6. The placement of a sea can on any lot in the Municipal District requires a development permit.
7. A maximum number of one (1) sea can may be allowed, at the discretion of the
Development Authority on residential parcels less than or equal to 0.5 ac (0.2 ha) in area in any residential district.
8. On residential lots greater than 0.5 ac (0.2ha) additional sea cans may be allowed at the discretion of the Development Authority.
9. The maximum number of sea cans that may be placed on a commercial or industrial lot is at the discretion of the Development Authority.
10. Sea cans cannot be stacked. The maximum height for a sea can allowed on a lot is 3.0 m (9.8 ft.).
11. Sea cans cannot be used as a dwelling unit of any form within the Municipal District.
At 1:15 p.m. on September 14th, 2016, the Council of the Municipal District of Opportunity No. 17 will hold a PUBLIC HEARING in the Council Chambers of the Municipal District of Opportunity No. 17 Administration Building in Wabasca, Alberta. Any objections or comments from members of the public regarding the proposed amendment to the Land Use Bylaw are welcome.
Anyone who is interested in attending but is unable to come to the Hearing on September 10th is welcome to provide written submissions to the Council regarding the rezoning. It is requested that a copy of the written submissions be delivered to the MD Administration Building in Wabasca no later than 4:00 p.m. on September 14th, addressed to the CAO as below.
Helen Alook, CAO
Municipal District of Opportunity No. 17
Box 60, Wabasca, AB T0G 2K0
Dated this 15th day of August, 2016
Copies of the proposed amendment to Wabasca Area Structure Plan may be reviewed and inspected and/or purchased for a nominal fee by the public at the Municipal District of Opportunity No.17 Office on Mistassiniy Road, Wabasca, during the hours of 8:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.